Deadline: 01 Desember 2017
The Community College Initiative Program (CCIP) provides a quality non-degree academic program at US community colleges intended to build technical skills, enhance leadership capabilities, and strengthen English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement activities.
Participants spend one academic year in the United States and may earn certificates in their fields of study. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
CCIP participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. In Indonesia this means AMINEF aims to recruit applicants beyond Indonesia’s major cities and in provinces beyond Java Island, which historically have had fewer opportunities for study abroad.
A special initiative funded by PT Freeport Indonesia allows a certain number of candidates from the provinces of Papua and West Papua every year to receive CCIP awards.
Fields of Study
The following are eligible fields of study. Please click to download pdf file containing more information on each field of study:
- Applied Engineering
- Business Management and Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology
- Public Safety
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not permanent resident or citizen of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of this scholarship application
- Hold at least a high school diploma
- Have basic knowledge of English, as testified by a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 450 or IELTS equivalent, and dedication to improving their English proficiency
- Be currently working in the field in which they are applying or be running a small business with maximum working experience below 5 years.
Applicants with D1, D2 or D3 degrees may apply, as well as those holding a bachelor’s degree (S1) as long as they are applying in a field different from the field of their degree and have relevant work experience in the field for which they are applying.
Applicants holding MA or PhD degrees or currently enrolled as a student are not eligible to apply.
Additional non-eligibility criteria are outlined in the attached application form.
Please also note that applicants to the applied engineering field will need to have a solid foundation in math and will need to take a math placement exam at their host campuses to be eligible for credit-bearing courses.
The Community College Initiative Program will provide funding for J-1 visa support; round-trip travel from participant’s home city tohost institution in the United States; tuition and mandatory college fees; housing and meals; small allowance for books and incidentalexpenses, limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant; and a variety of personal and professional development activities. Students will be hosted in groups by community colleges competitively selected to participate in the program. Students are required to return home at the end of their program and may not transfer to a four-year US academic institution.
Submission Requirements (supplied in English)
- Completed application form (see download link below)
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) ITP TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Copy of high school diploma and transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Copy of associate (D1/D2/D3) or bachelor’s degree (S1) transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport)
- Official Statement of Employment (Surat Keterangan Bekerja) from Employer/Work Supervisor or HR Officer in Indonesian language.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is December 1, 2017.
*The exact deadline every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms which can be downloaded below and submit them along with allsupporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail (postage) or drop them off in person by the application deadline to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 – 9086
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: https://www.aminef.or.id/grants-for-indonesians/fulbright-programs/fellowship/community-college-initiative-program/